VX7022 Update Instructions
Download the file: VX7022.1003.zip
Note: These update instructions are only a general guide. Each model will have its own software update version. Software is not interchangeable between models. This update is for the head unit OS only. This update is not a navigation update.
Items addressed with this update 7022.1003:
1. SWC updated to pre-defined PAC protocol. SWC learning capability disabled. A third-party SWC adapter must be used to interface the VX7022 to OE SWC functions.
2. Bluetooth ring volume was too loud and not adjustable with the volume setting. Bluetooth ring volume is now adjustable.
3. Default Turn-On Volume is set to level 7 (Previously set to higher level and was too loud).
Preparing the MicroSD card
Note: MicroSD card should be formatted FAT32 before update procedure. Use a 4GB or 8GB MicroSD card.
Unzip the software update folder. Place the update files into the ROOT directory of a blank MicroSD card.
There should be no folders on the MicroSD card except the folder contained within the update files. See below image for reference.
Beginning the Update
Note: When updating the unit, make certain that power is not interrupted while the update is in progress. If power is lost or interrupted the unit may become inoperable. Also, before starting the update, turn-off Demo Mode in the “Settings Menu” (Go to the Settings Menu > General > Demo Mode > OFF).
- Before starting the update, ensure the VX7022 is OFF (Press and hold the volume control). Once the VX7022 is OFF, turn the vehicle ignition OFF.
- Remove the navigation MicroSD card from the unit and set aside. Do not modify or delete any files on the factory navigation MicroSD card. Insert the MicroSD card with the update files into the MicroSD card slot.
- Turn ON the vehicle ignition. Press the “Reset” button under the volume control with a pen tip or similar object.
- The update process will begin automatically upon power up.
- After a few moments, a TFT calibration screen will display on the TFT.
- Press and hold the “cross hair” with your index finger until it moves to the next calibration sector.
- After you press and hold top right-hand corner for calibration, the screen will ask you to “tap” the TFT again to save the settings. Tap the TFT.
- After the next update section, a display prompt will ask you to remove the MicroSD card. Remove the card.
- The update will continue and the unit will reboot.
- Go to the Settings Menu > Version. Check the version installed with the below parameters in ensure the update was successful.
Software Version Verification
MCU: v1.73 Mar 30 2016
OS: v2.03-06-11 2016-03-30
Updates are now complete.