- Single DIN 7 Inch high resolution touch screen
- App Connectivity for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry Users Can Connect via Bluetooth to Stream, Control and Enjoy Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, Spotify and more
- Hands Free, Phone Book Access, Music Streaming and Audio Controls for Android, iPhone and BlackBerry
- Make / Answer Hands Free Calls
- A2DP – Music Playback for Android™, Apple Devices and other Smart Phones
- 2.1 Amp USB charging capability
- 2VRMS RCA Line Output
- Front Panel USB – Play-back Music / Video files via Portable Hard Drives / USB Sticks
- Steering Wheel Control Interface – Compatible with PAC / Metra Third-party SWC Interface Modules (Sold Separately)
- Front Panel 3.5mm Audio / Video Input
Updating the VX3012
Download the file: VX3012.1001.zip
Notes: Software is not interchangeable between models. This update is for the head unit OS only.
Items addressed with this update 3012.1001:
1. SWC updated to pre-defined PAC protocol. SWC learning capability disabled. A third-party SWC adapter must be used to interface the VX3012 to OE SWC functions such as the PAC SWI-RC (Recommended).
2. Default Turn-On Volume is set to level 7 (Previously set to higher level and was too loud).
Updating via USB Stick
Unzip/Uncompress the software update folder. Place the eight update files into the ROOT directory of the USB stick.
Note: When updating the unit, make certain that power is not interrupted while the update is in progress. If power is lost or interrupted the unit may become inoperable. Also, before starting the update, turn-off Demo Mode in the Main Settings Menu.
Note: This VX3012 update contains MPEG, MCU and TFT software.
Power up the unit and insert the USB drive into the front USB port.
- After a few moments a menu will pop up and look like the following example: UPGRADE SYSTEM [MPEG TFT MCU]
- Press TFT Upgrade and another page will be displayed. Press “Upgrade” and the TFT update will begin. “TFT Erasing” will be shown on the display and you will see a progress bar indicating the process percentage.
- After the erase procedure, “TFT Upgrading” will be shown on the display and you will see a progress bar indicating the process percentage.
- After the TFT update, the unit will reboot and go to the Radio source (All settings will have been reset to factory default).
- Go to the Main Source Menu and select USB. A menu will pop up and display the Upgrade System Menu.
- Press MPEG and the update will begin. Upgrading MPEG will be shown on the display. If you do not press MPEG to begin the update, the update will automatically begin in 30 ~ 60 seconds. When the update is in process, do not remove the USB drive or attempt to turn OFF the unit. If the update begins automatically, let the update complete. Do not interrupt the update process.
- After the MPEG update, the unit will return to the Upgrade System Menu.
- Press MCU Upgrade and another page will be displayed. Press “Upgrade” and the MCU update will begin. Upgrading MCU will be shown on the display and you will see a progress bar showing the process percentage.
- After the MCU update, the unit will reboot and go to the Radio source (All settings will have been reset to factory default).
- Remove the USB drive.
- Go to the Settings Menu > DVD Tab > Version Info > Enter >
- Verify below software version:
Software Version Verification
MPEG Version: v0.78
MPEG Date: 150227
MCU Version: v0.80
MCU Date: 20150703
TFT Version: v000.018
The J-Link app connects to compatible Jensen receivers via Bluetooth like a wireless remote control.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.